Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sugar and Spice

Today we had an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. With everything that has happened this year, I felt strongly, that I wanted to know and name this baby before he/she was born. I suppose to celebrate it from the beginning and start the bonding process more meaningfully?! I don't know why, but I thought it would somehow put my mind at ease 'knowing' more about this new addition.

And I can honestly say it already has. As we left the clinic I felt a weight lifted and a genuine happiness knowing that my 'motherly' instincts were confirmed and that we knew baby #3 just a bit more.

You see, when I was expecting Aiden, we were unable to find out 'what' we were having at the first ultrasound, but I wanted a girl and felt that was what I was having (but of course didn't want to 'say it out loud' and chance jinxing the outcome). Turned out my instincts were correct.

With Reece, I had hoped for a boy, however; always felt it was going to be a girl. We waited until the end and discovered that again, my 'motherly instincts' had been correct. And happily so, by then end we realized that another girl would be much easier on Aiden (and therefore on us!! as she was in the midst of the terrible 3-4's!!)

Again, this time looks like we are having another girl!!!

Although the technician couldn't 100% confirm the gender, she said she felt comfortable at this stage to say she was 80% sure it was a girl. I'm going to try to post a couple videos so you can see what we saw during the ultrasound.

Before we start getting emails/comments/calls etc. - no we did not have a 3D ultrasound. It was the typical 2d, however she tried to take a couple pictures that were in 3D but they did not turn out as baby was very active. Which honestly was FINE with me (at 22-23 weeks gestation, a baby is not exactly 'pudgy and cute' - not even a pound yet!). So 2D leaves a bit to the imagination, which I am quite comfortable with :)

Video 1 is the baby sucking on some of her fingers. Video 2 is footage from the bum looking up between the legs, you'll notice there is a lack of....something.. what you do see (that may confuse some that have not seen lots of ultrasounds) is the umbilical cord- don't be confused :) the 3 video, if I can get it on here, will be the babies face shot. However the video was not working for me earlier. My apologies if you cannot get these to work on your computer for whatever reason, but we were only provided with a CD with movie files (AVI) no jpegs.



No comments: