Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Park build weekend.



Here's a pic of the park being built. It now has pea gravel in heaps ready to be pushed around! Then we can put the baby swings in and hopefully Blue Imp will eventually send us the 'back ordered' part for the main structure (as Tic Tac Toe board).

We will be putting up the fence around the park likely in a week or two. And in a couple weekends there will also be a 'work bee' to install the outdoor ice rink directly behind the park! The kids are lucky this year! 2 new developments just for them!

Surprisingly, I've heard there are couple people that are less than happy about the park. I find this terribly disappointing. I can't understand why someone wouldn't want a park for the littlest people in our community. In fact, apparently they would prefer to see the spot stay completely empty- as it was, with 2 flowers pots and 2 old benches.

Yeah... I don't get it.

I think this bothers me so much because I feel like they don't care about Reece. I take it personally and I suppose I shouldn't. However, I'm not going to make apologies for feeling the way I do. I'm Reecey's mom and stupid, selfish, ignorant people, with whacked out personal agendas (like trying to stop progress), tick me off.
This is my baby's park and it will bring lots of giggles and happiness to the littlest (AND most IMPORTANT people) in our community.

I had hoped to have they're ('they' being these old guys that are crabbing about the park) support and work together to make the spot not only USEFUL but also beautiful, with their input about what types of plants, trees and flowers to put around the park... guess that won't be happening.

I posted this without Grant editing it, so I'll probably get into trouble for being so honest about this, but it's been REALLY ticking me off!!

No comments: