Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Beginnings


After reading a blog started by my very industrious girlfriend, Margaret, I felt like maybe this could be an outlet for me to deal with everything that has been happening to me, and those around me in the past few weeks.

For those of you who perhaps fell upon this blog, and don't know me I'll give you a short background:
My name is Ange. I'm a mom to 2 beautiful girls -Aiden (5) & Reece (20 mths). I'm married to my best friend, Grant. We've been together 12 years. I have the most amazing, wonderful friends in the world, who give me such strength, and always know what to say and maybe more importantly, what not to.
My youngest daughter, Reece passed away just recently. When I say recently- on December 27th, 2007. She passed out in my arms that morning, while I was trying to steam up the bathroom to help her loosen up the phlegm in her chest ( she sounded like she was getting a chest infection or something of the kind). She had started antibiotics for an ear infection. We still are waiting for answers.

Why us? Why Reece? What was it? What happened? What could we have done differently?

As we muddle through the next year, I am going to document our struggle.
I know that writing can be cathartic... so I've heard... guess we'll see.